|Turmeric Ginger Coconut Chutney|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 9-10 medium sized fresh turmeric root pieces
- 1 ounce of fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup piñon nuts (or small serrano chili, de-stemmed)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut milk*
Peel turmeric and ginger, then mince, mix, and set aside in a small bowl.
Mince garlic and chili (if you choose to add chili). Add them to the mix along with lemon juice, salt, melted coconut oil, and coconut milk.
Mary from Santa Fe, NM won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!