- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups organic brown basmati rice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 large organic carrots, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced, with juices
- 1/3 cup organic dried coconut
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 -3 chives, chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce or bok choi
- Optional: 1/3 cup of your favorite nut (cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts)
Thin out chicken breasts, drizzle on a little coconut oil, and season with garlic, ginger, and onion powder. Sprinkle on some dried coconut and sesame seeds (to taste) and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
Bring to a boil 7 cups of water, ¼ cup coconut oil, remaining salt and diced onion. Add rice, boil on high until half water level evaporates. Stir twice; bring heat down to a simmer and cover. Do not over stir. It should be cooked within 20 minutes.
Grill chicken just until cooked through. Cut or shred into small pieces. Keep in cooking juices.
When rice is cooked, place in large deep platter or casserole dish. Layer ingredients over rice in this order: celery, carrots, chicken, pineapple with the juice, coconut, sesame seeds, chives, lettuce, and nuts. You may also drizzle some soy sauce and/or sweet and sour sauce if desired.
Cover and keep in hot oven 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy, it is delicious.
Recipe submitted by Debbie, North Branford, CT