- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple grated
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Mix together turkey, eggs, apple and coconut.
Mix seasonings together. Add seasonings to meat mixture and stir together well. Refrigerate several hours to let flavors blend.
Shape into patties.
Melt coconut oil in fry pan and cook patties over medium heat about 6 minutes each side or until they are no longer pink in the middle.
Recipe submitted by Kristel, Traverse City, MI
Published on August 27, 2009