|Asian Pesto Sauce|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 4 to 6
Preparation Time: Under 10 minutes
- handful of cleaned mint, about 1/2 cup leaves
- handful of cleaned cilantro, about 1/2 cup leaves
- handful of cleaned basil, about 1/2 cup leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut water vinegar, use two tablespoons if not using atchara
- 2 tablespoons atchara, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- zest and juice of one lime
- quarter size of ginger cleaned and finely chopped, or 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 seeded hot pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of hot sauce, optional
Clean herbs and place in blender. Add remaining ingredients and puree. Adjust seasoning for spice if needed.
This sauce is great as a dip for grilled meats or veggies, or mixed with mayonnaise for a sandwich spread.
Cheryl from Carbondale, Illinois won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here!