|Butternut Squash and Bison Sausage Hash|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound bison breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into “fries”
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups spinach or other greens
- 4 tablespoons fermented sauerkraut
In a large skillet, combine coconut oil and sausage. Cook over medium heat until cooked through.
Add in butternut squash, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until squash is soft.
Add in spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until spinach is soft.
Serve onto 4 plates and top each with 1 tablespoon fermented sauerkraut.
Courtney from Weir, KS won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!
Published on January 18, 2017
Leave a Reply