|Chewy Almond Joy Coconut Macaroon Discs Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk*
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Stir together sweetened condensed milk, egg white, pure vanilla extract and salt. Add shredded coconut and stir until well combined. Place by teaspoonful onto parchment lined baking sheets. Spread cookie mixture out with spoon or fingers until about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet or wire rack.
Melt chocolate chips in heat-proof bowl over simmering water. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
* You can make your own sweetened condensed milk with our recipe here.
Recipe submitted by Rebecca, Lyons, NY
Published on March 22, 2013