|Chewy Peanut Butter Coconut Granola Bars|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
- 1 cup whole sugar, less to taste
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or part or all coconut peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups thick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Tropical Traditions organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic flaked or shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 2 teaspoons organic sesame seeds
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine sugar, peanut butter, honey, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined.
Stir in remaining ingredients until well combine. Mixture will be like very wet granola. Press into a Texas sheet pan* greased with palm shortening or coconut oil.
Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until edges are nicely browned. Run a thin butter knife along the edges and cut while still warm. Let cool in the pan before removing. Bars will be fragile while hot but will firm up as they cool. Enjoy!
*If you do not have a Texas sheet pan you can use a regular jelly roll pan, a 15×10 glass baking dish or use both a 9×15 and a 8×8 baking pan.
Recipe submitted by Tabitha, Springville, CA
Published on November 27, 2009