|Chicken in Zesty Lime-Cilantro Sauce|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- (1) 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice of choice
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute, stirring continually, until it is fragrant but not browned, about one minute.
Add the chicken and sauté until it is lightly browned on all sides, about 7 minutes. Add the coconut milk, chilies, lime juice, lime zest, and garam masala or curry powder, scraping up any browned bits that have adhered to the pan.
Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Turn off the heat and stir in the green onions and cilantro, mixing well.
Allow to sit for a minute or two, then finish with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
Stephanie from Rio Rancho, NM won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here for a chance to win $50!