- 2 ½ cups organic spelt or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups organic chocolate chips
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup organic virgin coconut oil (softened)
- ¾ cup maple syrup or honey
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease cookie sheet(s) with additional coconut oil. Set aside.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Roll dough into small balls, flatten and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 18-24 minutes. Remove from sheets to wire rack to cool.
You can also add raisins if you like.
Recipe submitted by Fran, Toronto, Canada
Published on October 5, 2008