example photo shown
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 unsweetened dried shredded coconut or flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup coconut oil (liquefied)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Stir the cocoa powder and desired amount of sugar together in a medium sized bowl. Mix in dried coconut and sliced almonds. Add remaining ingredients all at once and stir until well combined. Add more coconut or almonds if desired.
Pour candy into a glass pan or cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces and keep refrigerated. This is a delicious way to get in the daily coconut intake.
Recipe submitted by Helen, Etiwanda, CA
Published on September 14, 2008
Leave a Reply