|Chocolate Dipped Eggless Macaroons|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 36 macaroons
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- coconut oil or palm shortening to grease baking sheets
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder (with nothing added) OR clear stevia extract liquid
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unmodified potato starch
- 3 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350? F. Liberally grease a large cookie sheet, line with unbleached parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, honey, stevia and vanilla. Whisk or beat until evenly mixed. Add the potato starch a little at a time, whisking or beating to combine. Fold in the coconut.
3. Drop batter by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet(s) at least 1/2 inch apart. Using your fingers or the back of 2 soup spoons, press each mound of batter upward into a cone-like shape.
4. Bake in the center of the oven until firm and lightly brown around edges, 20 to 24 minutes. Remove macaroons from the tray by slipping a thin metal spatula under the edge of each cookie and sawing back and forth. Cool on wire racks.
5. Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat. When melted remove from heat. One at a time, spoon chocolate over half of each macaroon, dripping the excess back into the pan. Place each chocolate coated macaroon on a parchment lined plate or tray. Repeat with remaining macaroons. Refrigerate until set.
6. When cool, macaroons in a cookie tin or other container with a of parchment in between.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Chef Rachel, Phoenix, AZ
Leave a Reply