|Chocolate Strawberry Brownie Cookies Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15
- 1/3 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter/oil in a saucepan. Once melted, add the cocoa/cacao powder and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and remove from heat.
Once the chocolate chips have melted, add the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla and blend with hand mixer.
Combine the almond flour, salt and soda in a mixing bowl. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
Fold in the additional 1/2 cup chocolate chips and strawberries.
Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 11-13 minutes.
Let cookies set up on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes or they will fall apart. Let cool on a cooling rack to continue to set up. Store in an airtight container.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highland Ranch, CO