|Coco-NUT-ty Sweet Potato & Brussels Hash|
|Photo by recipe author|
Servings: 1 hungry person
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Peanut Butter cottage cheese blend (recipe to follow)
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, quartered
- olive or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2-3 mushrooms, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- handful dried berries (or raisins, or craisins)
- 1 large egg
- handful cheddar cheese
Coconut Peanut Butter cottage cheese blend:
- 1 part dijon mustard
- 1 part honey
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- 1 part Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter
- 2 parts cottage cheese
1. First you have to make the CocoNUTty part of this dish. Just blend all the ingredients for the Coconut Peanut Butter cottage cheese blend together. I just gave ratios so you can make as little or as much as you want. I made a big batch, and stored it in an empty salsa jar.
2. I put a pot of water to boil and then threw the sweet potato cubes in there, and boiled it for about 4 minutes. Then I threw the brussel sprouts in and cooked it all for another 1-2 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
3. Next, heat oil in a large skillet. Cook the garlic, onions, and mushrooms together. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high. Toss in the brussel sprouts and sweet potato and dried berries with a splash of balsamic vinegar, and cook over high heat.
4. In the meantime, in another skillet, fry up an egg to your desired doneness. When the brussel sprouts and sweet potato have a bit of sear to them, turn off the heat. Stir in a few dollops of the coconut PB cottage cheese blend; stir to coat.
5. Ladle the hash onto a serving dish. Top with runny egg, sprinkle with cheese, and drizzle more of that Coconut Peanut Butter blend on top.
Recipe submitted by Sophia, Los Angeles, CA