|Coconut Almond Cups recipe photo|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted raw honey
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, preferably soaked and dehydrated, then toasted for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
1. Make coconut base: Combine melted coconut oil and raw honey. Whisk well to combine. Add shredded coconut and almond extract.
2. Using a small scoop, divide coconut mixture among 24 mini cupcake molds. Sprinkle each one with a little of the chopped almonds, dividing evenly. Place in the freezer on a level surface for 30 minutes to harden.
3. In the meantime, make chocolate topping: combine cocoa powder, honey, and coconut oil in a glass bowl set over simmering water. Whisk until coconut oil is almost completely smooth. Remove from heat and continue whisking, adding vanilla and coffee liqueur.
4. Remove frozen coconut bases from freezer and spoon a little of the chocolate topping on each cup. Place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes until frozen and set.
Recipe submitted by K, Tempe, AZ