|Coconut Almond Ginger Shortbread Cookies|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Preparation: 20 minutes
- 1 cup finely ground almond meal*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup whole ground cane sugar
- 3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 300 degrees °F
Blend all dry ingredients in a food processor. Slowly pour in the coconut oil and then the water.
Roll dough into walnut – sized balls and place on buttered cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently onto each cookie.
Bake for 5 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven and press cookies with a fork. Return cookies to the oven and bake 15 minutes longer.
Remove cookies from the oven again, take cookies off cookie sheet, and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Diane from Hubert, NC just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here!