|Coconut Cauliflower Rice Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and washed
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 slices fresh ginger, peeled (about inch in size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut shreds (optional)
Place raw cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until rice-sized pieces are formed.
Using a Nut Milk Bag or kitchen towel, drain the excess water out of the cauliflower, set aside.
In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, water and ginger. Bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Remove from heat and discard the pieces of ginger, adding in the salt. Do not add it beforehand, it pulls water out vegetables.
Serve with the toasted coconut sprinkled over top.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO
Published on June 10, 2013