Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional)
- 1/4 cup potato flour (or other flour)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon organic fermented soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
In a bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Add chicken strips into milk mixture and let sit for a few minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gently coat each chicken strip in dry mixture and place in a skillet to fry or on a greased baking sheet. Pan fry in olive or coconut oil or bake at 400 Â°F for about 20 minutes (turning halfway through) or until chicken is cooked through.
While chicken is baking, place sauce ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes before serving with chicken strips.
Courtney from Columbus, KS just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
Leave a Reply