This is one of my new favorite creations. I had a bunch of green beans needing to be used up quickly. It is so simple and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 cups hot water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 1 1/2 -2 pounds fresh green beans, stems removed
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, mix hot water/broth with coconut cream concentrate.
2. Steam green bean just until bright green.
3. Place all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth.
4. Season to taste (see variations) and heat or chill.
5. Serve warm or chilled.
- Adjust the water/broth as desired.
- Add your favorite snippets of herbs or spices.
- Use broccoli in replace of green beans.
This also makes a nice dressing for your favorite salad, a sauce, dip or gravy for veggies or veggie burgers.
Recipe submitted by Adrianne, Metuchen, NJ
Published on July 1, 2009