- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 cup organic red lentils
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 tablespoon organic coconut cream concentrate, to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic curry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon organic cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a sauce pan sauté onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in red lentils. Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in coconut cream, curry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper.
Cook for 30-40 minutes or until lentils are soft and cooked through. Ladle into serving bowls and top with yogurt if desired. Enjoy.
Note: You can also make your own broth from chicken bones (ex. the neck, back, etc.)
Recipe submitted by Marianita, West Bend, WI
Published on March 8, 2009