|Coconut Flour Chewy Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats (if you don’t have steel cut oats, you can use 2.5 cups of rolled oats instead)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (70%), melted
- For a sweeter bar, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup raw sugar.
- For a banana version, instead of 1/2 cup coconut oil, use 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl; combine egg, maple syrup, vanilla and banana (if using) in a separate bowl.
Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate together in a saucepan over low heat.
Add maple syrup mixture to dry ingredients; stir until well combined. Allow coconut oil/chocolate mixture to cool slightly (to avoid scrambling your egg) and then add slowly to the rest of the ingredients.
Press into greased 8×11 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cut while still warm, but allow to cool further before removing to avoid crumbling.
Recipe submitted by Jennifer, Canada
Published on May 2, 2012