|Coconut Fried Shrimp Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- palm shortening, for frying
- 1 lb. shrimp
1. Mix the salt in a bowl with whole wheat flour, whisk the eggs in another bowl, and pour the shredded coconut in a third bowl.
2. Heat palm shortening in a cast iron skillet, or other pan that is safe for high heat. Use enough to come 3/4 of the way up the shrimp. Dip each shrimp in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the coconut. Set them gently in the hot oil. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
3. Serve hot with dipping sauces of choice.
*If gluten free, use gluten free flour of choice.
Recipe submitted by Cristina, Oklahoma City, OK
Published on November 6, 2013