|Coconut Lemon Bars Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 12 bars
Preparation Time: 5 min
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for about 8 hours and drained
- Juice and zest of one organic lemon
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup, unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for top (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons white chia seed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8 x 8 glass dish with coconut oil and set aide. Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until very fine and sticky (about 1-2 minutes).
2. Pour cashew coconut lemon mixture into pan and press down firmly and evenly. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. shredded coconut on top.
3. Bake at 400 for 18-20. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe submitted by Kristen, Mattapoisett, MA
Published on October 3, 2012