- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or rice of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons honey, or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried fruit, optional
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, optional
Heat the water and coconut cream concentrate in a medium saucepan until it simmering. Add the cooked rice and simmer until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
Add honey or sweetener of your choice, vanilla, and coconut plus optional ingredients if desired. Let cool for a few minutes. Can be eaten warm (my favorite) or cold.
Recipe submitted by Tammy, Cape Girardeau, MO
Published on October 26, 2008