|Coconut Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe photo|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk**
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
Pumpkin Spiced Icing:
- 2 tablespoons butter or virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Add pumpkin puree and combine well. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tins.
For the icing:
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend until smooth. Transfer to piping bag for icing or simply spread over cupcakes.
*You can make your own gluten free flour mix from one of our recipes here.
Recipe submitted by Emily, Ottawa