|Coconut + Raspberry Layer Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Flour
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole sugar
- 3/4 cup Tropical Traditions Palm Shortening
- 1/2 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 drops lemon oil
- 3 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces fresh organic raspberries
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350° F
Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
In a stand mixer combine coconut flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, sea salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix on low until combined. Add palm shortening, coconut oil, lemon oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, raspberries and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add milk 1/4 cup at a time while mixer is stirring.
Once all ingredients are added continue to beat on high for about two minutes or until batter is fluffy. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before spreading jam between the layers and then frosting with your favorite buttercream or “Palmcream” Coconut Icing (pictured).
*For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!
Leave a Reply