|Coconut Vanilla Dough Bites Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup vanilla egg white protein (optional, replace with almond flour but this adds great flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (1-2 pods)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate, softened
- 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener* (maple syrup or honey)
Place the coconut, protein powder and vanilla beans into a food processor and blend until coconut reduces in size.
Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until a dough forms.
Using a small cookie scoop, place each dough bite onto dehydrator tray or onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Dehydrate at 125 for 2-4 hours. Bake at 175 for 1-2 hours.
Check the bites regularly to see if desired level of “doughiness” has been met
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO
Published on December 22, 2012
Leave a Reply