Put your leftover juicing pulp to use! Mine usually has beet, carrot, zucchini, cucumber, some ginger and maybe apple.
Servings: yields 4 dozen
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 c juicer pulp
- 1/2 cup flax seeds, finely ground
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1/4 cup soft or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, fresh garlic or whatever seasoning appeals
- water as needed, may need up to 1 1/2 cups
1. Process ingredients in food processor. You will need to do this in batches, add enough water to make to make a workable dough that holds it’s shape but gets nicely chopped up. Bigger pieces of cucumber skin may need to be picked out.
2. Adjust herbs and spices to taste, remember these shrink so the flavor will be concentrated.
3. Using fruit leather sheets or parchment paper, use your hands to spread it out to 1/4″ or less thickness. Score into crackers.
4. Dehydrate at 135 ÂºF in the dehydrator. Turn crackers over when firm and dry on top. They are done when dry right through and crisp.
5. Break apart and store in an airtight container.
These are great as is, with butter, cheese, nut butter or whatever!
Ina from Creston, BC, Canada just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
Leave a Reply