- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 5 tablespoons expeller pressed or virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 head organic cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
- 1/4 cup organic chicken stock
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
Fry turkey bacon in large skillet till crisp. Place on a wire rack and set aside.
Add coconut oil, onion and curry powder to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cabbage and lemon pepper. Put lid on and cook, stirring occasionally till cabbage is soft. Add a little chicken stock as needed.
Crumble bacon and stir into cabbage along with the salt just before serving. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Blair, Shreveport, LA
Published on May 10, 2009