|Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 5 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water or coconut milk*
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans) or shredded coconut flakes to roll truffles in
- Extra cocoa powder for rolling (for nut-free)
Place jar of coconut cream concentrate in a bowl of hot water to soften (it doesn’t have to be 100% liquid). Add coconut cream concentrate to small bowl and add cocoa powder. Stir until well incorporated. Next, add vanilla, stevia (or other sweetener) and water. Stir until velvety and creamy. Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary. If cream hardens or clumps, simply re-melt by placing bowl in warm water and stirring.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until mixture has solidified.
Place nuts, coconut or cocoa powder into a small bowl. Using small scoop, scoop out approximately 1.5 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture and place on top of nuts or coconut. Move bowl around to coat chocolate completely. Repeat for remaining truffles. Store in fridge until your daily dose of medicine is needed! Contains almost 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per truffle.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Melissa, St. Amant, LA