|Fish and “Chips” Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound fish (cod, tilapia or snapper)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- sea salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Rinse fish fillets in cold water and set on a plate
2. Cut fish into nuggets, making sure to follow the lines of the filet
3. Place eggs in one dish and coconut and seasonings in another
4. Dip fish sticks in egg, then coconut; reserve to a plate
5. Repeat step 4; return each piece to the plate
7. Place half the the fish sticks in the pan, leaving enough room around them so that they aren’t crowded
8. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until well browned, then remove fish nuggets to a plate lined with a paper towel
9. Add oil –2 tablespoons coconut oil to pan and fry remaining batch of fish sticks
10. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce and enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees ºF
2. Slice the eggplant into medallions, then cut into French fry-like strips.
3. Place eggplant strips onto a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the majority of them are browned and crispy.
5. Re-season with a bit more salt and pepper, and let cool slightly before removing from pan.
6. Serve them with your fish nuggets!
Recipe submitted by Sarah, San Diego, CA
Leave a Reply