|Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chunk Muffins|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic whole cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 or 5 ounces organic and dairy-free dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup organic ghee, melted (or grass-fed butter, if not making dairy-free)
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut Cream Concentrate, melted (optional topping)
Homemade Coconut Milk:
*For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil, or use paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the coconut flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chunks and stir well.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted ghee (or grass-fed butter), coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until mixed well. Divide batter evenly into the muffin cups.
Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until done in the center. Let cool in pan before removing.
If desired, drizzle each muffin with melted coconut cream concentrate after muffins have completely cooled.
Sheri from Avon, IN won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes here!
Leave a Reply