Servings: yields 12
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups homemade almond flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Whisk eggs and honey together in a large bowl until well combined. Add extracts, cream, butter/coconut oil and bananas and whisk until well mixed.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
Mix topping ingredients together. Divide muffin batter between 12 paper lined muffin cups and sprinkle with topping.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Recipe courtesy Sarah Shilhavy
Published on November 3, 2014