|Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies|
|Photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for pan
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee mixed in 2 tablespoons of milk (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini organic chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 X 8-inch baking pan with extra coconut oil and set aside.
2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coffee (optional), baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times until the chips are broken up a bit.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing. They taste even better after sitting in the fridge over night!
Recipe submitted by Mysti, Dallas, TX