|Gluten Free Chicken Coconu’ggets|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lb chicken, boneless and skinless – breasts or thighs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – divided
Cut thawed chicken into desired length strips, pat dry with paper towel.
Place coconut flour in a flat dish wide enough for dipping.
Put eggs in a another flat dish and whisk
Put the rest of the dry ingredients in a third flat dish; stir ingredients until mixed
Line up dipping bowls and dip chicken strips first in flour, then in egg, then in coating mixture
Heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a frying pan. Fry strips on medium heat until done, about 4-5 minutes on each side, adding oil as needed.
Recipe submitted by Sharla, Nampa, ID