|Gluten Free Coconut Almond Cookies|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, soft
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup carob chips (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded dried coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic whole sugar
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine egg (room temp), coconut oil, honey, almond extract and vanilla extract and mix well. Add carob chips if using. Then add dry ingredients and mix well with wooden spoon.
Roll into walnut sized balls and bake for 5 minutes on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatten and bake for 10-18 more minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe submitted by Sandy, Ogden, UT
Published on May 19, 2010