|Gluten Free Coconut Dishpan Cookies|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats (Optional – leave out for gluten free)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy with an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Slowly add oil and mix until oil is well incorporated. Beat vanilla extract and eggs in until well incorporated.
Mix flour and baking soda together and stir into butter mixture just until combined. Combine remaining ingredients and add to dough, mixing just until incorporated.
Using a small cookie scoop drop tablespoonful sized cookie dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet spacing about 1 inch apart (they won’t spread much). Bake in preheated oven for 7-12 minutes, just until lightly browned.
You can also freeze individual balls of cookie dough and freeze for later baking. To bake simply place frozen cookie dough onto sheet (there’s no need to defrost) and bake as directed (adding a few minutes to cook time).
*Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 2 cups plus 4 teaspoons brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
Mix together until very well blended and use as directed.
Submitted by Sarah Shilhavy