|Gluten Free Cranberry Oat Bars|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Homemade Cranberry Sauce:
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1/3 cup whole organic sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops orange essential oil
Gluten Free Oat Bars:
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups organic sorghum flour
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole organic sugar
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix cranberries, sugar, and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until all cranberries “pop.” Add in cornstarch, gelatin, and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and orange essential oil.
In a large bowl combine oats, rice flour, sorghum flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix well. Add in palm shortening and coconut oil. Mix by hand until it forms small crumbs.
Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil and press crumb mixture (reserving about two cups for topping) in an even layer on the bottom. Spread cranberry sauce over crumb layer. Sprinkle reserved topping in an even layer.
Bake for 25 minutes or until top begins to brown. Remove and allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!