|Gluten Free Nut Pulp Raisin Cookies|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup palm shortening or butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nut pulp (almond, coconut flakes, etc.)*
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend**
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
In a large mixing bowl, cream together oil, shortening or butter, vanilla, sugar and honey until smooth. Add in egg until blended. Add in pulp, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves until mixture is slightly crumbly. Fold in raisins.
Using a cookie scoop, or tablespoon, scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a pan liner. Flatten cookies with palm.
Bake at 375 °F for about 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown on edges. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
*Use up leftover pulp from homemade nut or coconut milk.
**Gluten Free Flour Mix:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Use as directed.
Courtney from Columbus, KS won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!