Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch, divided
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees ÂºF.
In a small bowl, stir together the strawberries, rhubarb, and one tablespoon of arrowroot to coat. Stir in the teaspoon of honey and the vanilla.
In another small bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, and remaining arrowroot. Use a fork to cut in the butter, and then stir in the remaining honey. It will be fairly wet.
Lightly butter two, 8 ounce ramekins. Divide the fruit mixture evenly between both, and then use a spoon to spread the topping evenly over the fruit. Place the ramekins in a baking dish with a rim, as you will get some spill-over from the bubbling fruit.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and the fruit juices are bubbly and appear to be thickened. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Angela from Longmont, CO just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
Leave a Reply