|No Bake Chocolate Coconut Drop Cookies Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or virgin coconut oil (I used a combo of both. I prefer virgin oil over expeller pressed oil so that you get more coconut tones)
- 3/4 -1 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almond butter**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
In a medium size saucepan, combine the butter/oil, cocoa, sugar and milk. Bring to a boil, let boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the almond butter, coconut, vanilla and salt. Stir until combined.
Place spoonfuls of the mixture on parchment lined cookie sheet or plates. Place in the freezer to for 30 minutes to set.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
**Any nut or seed butter would work here. You could also try coconut cream concentrate, but I am not sure I would do 3/4 cup, so start with less, the cookies will still turn out. The original recipe calls for peanut butter. Feel free to use it, but I would start with 1/2 cup. Almond butter isn’t as pronounced as peanut butter in taste, therefore I used more of it than the original recipe called for (original called for peanut butter).
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO