|No Bake Lemon Coconut Macadamia Tarts|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 fresh lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Lemon Ginger Chocolate Mousse:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
Combine all the crust ingredients in a large food processor. Process until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides when necessary.
Transfer the nut mix to a plastic wrap lined baking sheet and smooth out into one large “crust” using the flat edge of a spatula.
Chill for 30-60 minutes, until “set.”
Using a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass jar, cut out tartlet rounds. Transfer the rounds to a wax paper or parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for 2-3 hours, until hard.
For the mousse, melt the chocolate in a double boiler until silky smooth. Transfer to a high speed blender, along with the rest of the ingredients. Process until silky smooth.
Serve mousse over tarts.
Ashley from Colorado Springs, CO won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!
Leave a Reply