|Peanut Butter Party Bars|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups organic crisped rice
- 1 1/2 cups creamy organic peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Raw Honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
Put crisped rice in a gallon ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin.
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine peanut butter, honey, 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, banana, 1 tablespoon milk, and vanilla. Mash banana with fork and cook mixture until banana turns brown.
Put smashed crisp rice in a large bowl and pour peanut butter mixture over it. Mix thoroughly and press into a greased 9×13 pan.
Rinse out your saucepan and add chocolate, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts, whisking to combine. Pour silky mixture over peanut butter mixture and chill until chocolate is firm then cut into bars and serve.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!