- 2 1/2 pound whole chicken, to 3-Pound Cut Up
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups sliced onions, thinly Sliced
- 5/8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 24-ounce jar strained tomatoes
- 4 jars 7 oz. tomato paste
- 7 1/2 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Himalayan fine salt
- 1/3 teaspoon oregano
1. Wash chicken and pat dry.
2. Heat Virgin Coconut Oil in large skillet until almost smoking.
3. Coat chicken pieces with coconut flour.
4. Cook chicken in Virgin Coconut Oil over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove chicken. Set aside.
5. Add onion rings, green pepper, and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion and pepper are tender.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients.
7. Add chicken to sauce. Cover tightly. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until thickest pieces are fork-tender.