|Roasted Banana Coconut Pudding Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 bananas, roasted
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees ºF.
Place unpeeled bananas on a parchment covered baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Slice off the peels and scoop the bananas into a food processor. Add 1/4 cup of the milk, salt, and cinnamon if using. Puree mixture until smooth. Put remaining 3/4 cup of milk in a saucepan over low heat.
Whisk in arrowroot powder until dissolved. Add banana puree and honey if using. Increase heat to medium. Whisk constantly until pudding thickens. Add vanilla. Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools. Can be served warm or cold.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Annie, Atlanta, GA
Leave a Reply