- 4 cups roasted winter squash
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 32 oz regular milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- pinch of nutmeg
Seed and cut the squash and bake in 1/2 inch of water in a pan at 350 for about 1 1/2 hours.
When the squash is done, sauté onion in coconut oil for a few minutes until caramelized. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer together in a pot. Season with salt and cayenne to taste. Blend mixture in blender until smooth and return to pot to warm before serving.
Recipe submitted by Kai, Lakeport, CA
Published on February 3, 2008