|Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 3-4 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 tablespoon Italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, marjoram, basil, oregano)
- 1/2 tablespoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 organic celery, chopped
- 1 pound Grass-fed Traditions ground beef
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Slice squash in halves, scoop out seeds, and place in a large baking dish.
In a large pan on medium-high heat melt the coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, cayenne, celery, and ground beef. Cook until well browned. Turn off heat and mix in cooked rice.
Stuff squash halves with ground beef mixture, cover dish with foil, and bake until squash pierce easily with a fork (baking time will vary depending on squash size) approximately 30 minutes.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!
Published on October 26, 2015
Leave a Reply