- 1 large red onion
- 1/3 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 to 4 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
You will need a 2 to 3 quart skillet or pan with cover.
1. Cook onion (peeled, quartered, and thinly sliced) in Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, on medium heat, for one to two minutes, or just until they are limp.
2. Stir in with the onion, sweet potatoes (pealed and sliced 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick slices)
3. Add water, maple syrup, and nuts.
4. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Cover tightly and simmer on medium-low, until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes). You may use low heat, depending on your stove and the type of pan you use. (This recipe was made using a electric stove).
6. Mix and serve hot with a few chopped nuts sprinkled on top.
Serves 4 to 6
Note: You may need to add 1 Tbsp water during cooking to prevent sticking, depending on the type of pan you use. Thick bottom or cast iron pan works the best.
Recipe submitted by Slavka, Eagleville, PA