|Slow Cooker Southwest Stew|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: ½ hour prep, 4 hours slow-cooking
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef or bison
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 cups frozen kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- grated cheese of your choice
- sour cream
Sauté the onion, garlic and beef/bison in the coconut oil over medium heat, until browned. Combine the meat mixture with the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until the potatoes are soft. Add salt/pepper and garnishes to each bowl.
Note: For a soup-like consistency, add another cup of broth.
Stephanie from Rio Rancho, NM won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!