|Spicy Carrot Ginger Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 6 – 8 servings
Preparation Time: 20 – 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons coriander – ground
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Celtic salt ( or more to taste)
- 5 cups carrots – chopped
- 1 cup carrots – diced
- 1 cup celery – diced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 cup ginger – minced (1/4 cup, if you like it hot)
- 1/8 cup Gold Label Virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey & coconut vinegar combination
- 8 cups water
- shredded coconut as a garnish – optional
Mix together all the spices and salt. Set aside.
In a large heavy bottomed pot saute the carrots, celery, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil until slightly tender.
Add spice mixture, stirring quickly to coat the sauteed ingredients.
Stir in the honey – vinegar combo.
Remove the pot from its burner and take approximately 1 cup of the diced carrots from the mixture and set aside.
Pour the water into the pot, mixing thoroughly.
Blend the above mixture in a processor until smooth.
Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in the diced carrots.
Reheat and add more salt, if necessary.
Yummy, especially when sprinkled with coconut!
Diane from Hubert, NC just won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here.
Leave a Reply