|Spring Asparagus with Homemade Garlic Aioli|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6-8 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 organic, pastured egg yolk
- 1-2 cloves fresh organic garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 small organic lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon organic mustard powder
- 1/4 cup organic cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic expeller pressed coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 tablespoon organic homemade whey or lacto-fermented pickle juice, optional
Place 1 tablespoon gold label coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add asparagus and 1 teaspoon salt, gently stirring until asparagus is lightly sautéed and softened.
Add egg yolk, garlic cloves, salt, lemon juice, and mustard to a blender (or food processor.) Blend until well combined. Keep your blender going at medium speed as you begin to add olive oil and coconut oil in, a few drops at a time. After you have put about 15-20 drops of oil into the blender, begin adding the oil in a small, steady stream. Add the tablespoon of whey (or pickle juice) and mix briefly. Serve warm or chilled.
Note: Leftover aioli will keep in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. It’s delicious on sandwiches, fish, as a dip for vegetables, or over rice.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit yours here!
Leave a Reply